Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 3: NTNU visit

   Our day started off with a Survival Chinese class at NTNU. It was fun but challenging. It went pretty well for me until we hit counting. The problem was that I know some Japanese which wouldn't have been bad alone but the number 3 is the same in both languages (san) and the reference packet that we were given had the characters for the numbers right above them, with the characters being the same as well. I was fine counting up to 3 but after that I tried to switch to Japanese and it didn't help that I was tired and jetlagged.
 
   Still, the class was interesting and very useful and I've signed up to take Chinese at U of M - F in the fall (and a friend from NTNU will be at school with me an help me study)!

   Afterwards we had a group lunch with some fun games and got to meet our e-mail "buddies" in person.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment