Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 8: Free Day Adventures

  We were given a "free day" to do whatever before we left Taipei. It was really more of a free afternoon because we left the hotel at 10 AM (packing took a while) and had to be back by 7 so that we could catch the train to Taichung.

   A few of us headed out to the movie theater by Taipei 101. Tiffany and I chose Star Trek, so we bought our tickets at the automated machine (which even lets you chose your seats) and had some time to kill.
Ireland's Potato was a fry and drinks place next to the cinema, it played hardcore uncensored rap music that no American restaurant could get away with

The movie was amazing (I love Star Trek an Benedict Cumberbatch almost equally so it was an awesome combo) but it made me really homesick because when I was little I'd watch Star Trek with my dad.


   After that we visited Taiwan's largest bookstore (which had random clothing shops and a food court in it as well). 

   The whole group took the HSR (high speed rail) up to Taichung City and then a taxi to Tunghai University's Alumni House where we'd be staying. It was really hard to say goodbye to all the friends I'd made in Taipei.

No comments:

Post a Comment