Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 11: Bottlemate

   The Bottlemate visit was probably the best one so far. They manufacture bottles for cosmetics and the really cool thing is that I have some of the bottles they make at home. I don't own a bike or have an HTC phone (I do drink a lot of tea but from different brands) but I see those bottles every day even if I don't use the products daily.
The Bottlemate containers I probably see most often in my  house since they're so colorful

    The company started out making plastic tools and things and got into cosmetic containers in 2003. They use injection and blow molding processes which is what the factory I work at in the summer uses. We were split into two tour groups by gender so the boys went first while we investigated the contents of the containers used as samples. Then we went on a tour of the factory. We saw the printing process of the bottles, including one that was Hello Kitty. The process takes place one color at a time. 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment