Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Taiwan Reflections

   I really loved Taiwan, which was a surprise. I had done some research which was promising but I was looking forward to Japan more than anything and was worried that the weather would have me miserable. Instead I ended up not wanting to leave. It was beautiful, people were friendly and Taipei city moves at exactly the pace I like. Transportation was effortless in the city and the mountains were wonderful. There was cheap delicious fresh fruit and a lot to do within walking distance. The weather didn't bother me much after the second day (just a little wince when I left an air conditioned building) and I'm one of those strange people who loves rain so I was pretty much set.

   There was so much I wanted to do, I feel I could have spent the whole three weeks there. I'm definitely planing on going back in the future, especially I'm going to start taking Chinese classes to improve my appeal to employers. If a good exchange opportunity were to come along in the future I would take it in a heartbeat.

    I made a lot of new friends and it was so easy to meet new people and strike up a conversation,  even with non-students on my day off, I haven't really got that feeling in Japan so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment